What happened in the Xamarin community last week?
- Cross-Platform – Share UI Code Across Mobile Platforms with Xamarin.Forms
“The Main Man” Jason Smith shows how to share code across multiple platforms
- Solving Navigation and Appearance Problems
Digging into Xamarin.Forms navigation and tidying up appearances
- Xamarin.Forms and Design challenges
Marcos Cobena replicates the twitter splash screen transition in Xamarin.Forms
- The case for Xamarin Forms
A case study into Why Xamarin Forms?
- Using delegates to integrate Xamarin.Mobile with Xamarin.Forms
an elegant way of using Xamarin.Mobile with Xamarin.Forms
- Issue with Xamarin Forms–InitializeComponent does not exist-Xamarin XAML is not Windows XAML
- Xamarin.Forms Video: Understanding the Basics | Xamarin Blog
Steven Yi on the Xamarin Blog presents some basic information on getting started with Xamarin.Forms
- Animations in Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
Josue Ferreiro shows how to add animations to our Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms
- Get device unique identifier in Xamarin Forms « Corrado’s Blog 2.0
How to get a unique device id in xamarin forms
- A beginner’s guide to submitting an App to the App Store
- Making Sense Of iOS Provisioning
Trying to make sense of iOS device provisioning and how it works mainly for beginner iOS developers, but can be used as a refresher for experienced ones as well.
I been doing iOS dev for years and I still have no idea how provisioning REALLY works. Bang on buttons till it works…
— Jason Smith (@jassmith87) February 7, 2015
- Visual Studio 2015 Preview–Debugging a Xamarin ‘Hello world’ on the Android Emulator
- Working New Android 5 Lollipop Features into Your Apps — Visual Studio Magazine
Wally McClure goes through some of the new features of Android Lollipop you should consider incorporating into your apps.
- Android Drawables
Compare and contrast drawables, based on version
- Dealing with Spotty Network Coverage in Xamarin
Jim shares some code and strategy for dealing with network coverage, which results in happier users and less exceptions
- Cross Platform File Storage with PCLStorage NuGet Package
Nick Randolph shares a cross platform file storage nuget package
Tools and Components
- Adding Xamarin Components via Visual Studio
Nick Randolph shares some tips about integrating Xamarin Components through Visual Studio
- 300 Components and Counting
So many Xamarin Plugins.
- Simplify Using Xamarin.Auth with Async Tasks (A Twitter Example) | hedgehogjim
A walkthrough of using xamarin.auth
- Taking care of a pet peeve with the Xamarin Build Host
Chris Miller drills into connection issue with Xamarin Build and Bonjour
- Jenkins CI with Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin Test Butt and TestFlight – Part 1
Getting started with some Continuous Integration with Xamarin
- Getting Started with Xuni LinearGauge for Xamarin.Forms
Some tips for ComponentOne gauge controls
- Xamarin Certification Exam Study Guide — Kym Phillpotts
A study guide for Xamarin Certification
- Narrow Winding Roadway: Mobile Development Platform Performance Part 2 (Native, Cordova, Classic Xamarin, Xamarin.Forms)
An interesting comparison of performance timings
- AdDuplex Blog: Slides: Ads in Mobile Apps and Games 101
Primer from AdDuplex
- Show Us Your App Contest Winners! | Xamarin Blog
Xamarin Blog highlights some awesome Xamarin Apps
- Announcing the Xamarin.Forms Book Second Preview Edition!
Looking forward to this book
- 5 Tips for Contributing to Microsoft Open Source Projects — Visual Studio Magazine
Interested in contributing, read this primer
- 26 startups to bet your career on 2015
Your investment in Xamarin is worth it.
More Xamarin Link Blogs
Here are links to the other great Xamarin link blogs out there that are updated regularly
- Xamarin Weekly
A free, once-weekly e-mail newsletter roundup of all things Xamarin. Posted Fridays
- Xamarin App Developer Links
The latest tips, tutorials, news, and resources for Xamarin app developers. Posted Daily
- C# Mobile (Xamarin) Daily
Your cross-platform C# mobile magazine. Posted Daily
- Xamarin Community Blogs
This is an automatic aggregator which pulls articles from bloggers in the Xamarin developer community.
- Six Free Modern… I mean Metro… um… Material Design Icon packs
Who doesn’t love icon resources?