What happened in the Xamarin community during the last week?
- Gesture Recognizers with Xamarin.Forms
Rob Gibbens talks about adding Gesture Recognizers with Xamarin.Forms
- End to End Mvvm with Xamarin
Rob Gibbens walks through a full MVVM connected sample app
- Xamarin forms: Check network connectivity in iOS and Android
Code Project article on how to check network connectivity in Xamarin.Forms
- Improvements in Xamarin.Forms 1.3
Eric Sink looks at some performance improvements in Xamarin Forms 1.3
- Learn Barcode Scanning in Xamarin.Forms
Using the Dependency Service to access platform specific Barcode scanning functionality
- Handling Orientation Changes in Xamarin.Forms Apps
Chris Sells talks about handling orientation in Xamarin.Forms app
- Xamarin Forms contacts search
Contacts search page in Xamarin.Forms
- Exploring Xamarin.Forms 1.3: Properties Dictionary
Xamarin.Forms 1.3 includes a way to do simple state persistence between app restarts and when suspending/resuming.
- The often overlooked Xamarin.forms scale property
Mitch Milam discovers the Scale Property
- Xamarin Forms, Android and images – things to remember
If you are using Xamarin Forms for your next awesome cross-platform mobile app, there are things you need to remember when dealing with images for Android
- Xamarin Forms for Windows Phone Devs – Using the MVVM Pattern
Using MVVM Light in a Xamarin Forms
- Thinking About MVVM and View Models
Nick throws a View Model into his app
- Xamarin Forms StackLayout Recipe
Adam over at the Syntax Is My UI blog covers the Xamarin Forms Stack Layout with this StackLayout recipe.
- A Xamarin.Forms Infinite Scrolling ListView
A solution to infinite scrolling lists
- Xamarin Forms – A light status bar for iOS
Creating a light status bar in iOS
- Xamarin Forms–Using background images on iOS
Full screen background images with a navigation bar
- Xamarin Forms Navigation–Dealing with Login
Implementing login navigations with xamarin forms
- Launching the Native Map App from Xamarin.Forms
Chris Sells uses custom URL’s to handle launching maps cross platform from Xamarin.Forms apps
- Windows Phone MVVM Light: NavigationService CanGoBack
Josh Morales discusses the back button and MVVM Light
- Enabling Xamarin.Forms with MVVMCross on Windows Phone | form().follows().function()
- Changing from Map property to GetMapAsync() on MapFragment
Tomasz blogs about changing map property to GetMapAsync()
- Pager Sliding Tab Strip for Xamarin.Andorid Material Design
PagerSlidingTabStrip-for-Xamarin.Android – Port of Pager Sliding Tab Strip for Xamarin.Andorid Material Design
- Custom Android Navigation Drawer Items in Xamarin
Customizing the Android navigation drawer
- Force iOS, Android, & WP to Landscape
How to force your app into landscape orientation on the different platforms
- Xamarin Push Notifications using Azure Notifications Hub
Josue Yeray Julian Ferreiro – How to use Azure Notifications Hub with Xamarin to deliver push notifications to Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Windows Store
Tools & Components
- Smartphone image processing development made easy!
AForge.NET, a popular open source image processing library, is now available for Xamarin
- My Essential .NET Dev Tools
Spencer shares his essential tools. Many which are appropriate for us Xamarin types
- Announcing PostSharp 4.1 Preview 4: Xamarin Support, and More
PostSharp now has support for Xamarin
- Google Analytics Binding for Unified API
Just in time the google analytics binding has been updated for unified
- Simple Alternative to AutoMapper
Jordan from Xamling talks about a simple alternative to AutoMapper that can be used for Unified Solution
- What’s New Xamarin.Forms 1.3 Webinar Slides
Craig Dunn shares the slides from his recent webinar about the new features in Xamarin.Forms 1.3
- Designing and Consuming Modern APIs with Darrel Miller
Another Gone Mobile podcast is up.
- Watch Xamarin Evolve 2014 (or any channel) YouTube videos offline
Danvy.TV has instructions on how to setup Chocolatey and youtube-dl to download playlists… including, you guessed it, Evolve.
- Hi, I’m James, Developer Evangelist
- App Spotlight: Graphium Health | Xamarin Blog
Steven Yi over at the Xamarin blog has an App Spotlight on Graphium Health. It’s always good to hear about new Xamarin Apps in the marketplace.
- Making a Game in a Weekend with MonoGame.
The story of two men, curry sleep deprivation and creating a game
- Xamarin or native?
Arthur Csertus shares his views on choosing between native and Xamarin.