What happened in the Xamarin community last week?
- Platform Specific Styling with Xamarin Forms
Customising styling in Xamarin.Forms based on platform
- Refactoring SignalR Feedback for Cross Platform with AutoFac and CommonServiceLocator for Simple Dependency Injection
Nick talks through real world application issues
- XAML Inheritance – Jesse Liberty
- Using a full-size none-stretched background image in a Xamarin.Forms app
Backgrounds for the win!
- Xamarin Forms Navigation: The Current State
A deeper dive into Xamarin.Forms navigation
- An Introduction to Xamarin.Forms and SQLite
Simple tutorial for setting up Xamarin.Forms and SQLite
- Behaviors in Xamarin.Forms | Xamarin Blog
Great examples of implementing behaviors in Xamarin.Forms
- Image Gallery in Xamarin Forms
Turns out there is an image gallery in XLabs
- Creating Your First Watch Kit App
Xamarin blog covering how to start with Watch Kit
- Binding Objective-C Libraries To Xamarin | Code Mill Technologies
Matthew Soucoup has a tutorial on binding Objective-C libraries to Xamarin
- Change Status Bar Icon and Text Colors
- Xamarin’s Jonathan Pryor on Android 5 Lollipop — Visual Studio Magazine
Xamarin’s development lead offers insights into the Android 5 Lollipop update and how the speed with which Android releases spin out affects their own releases.
Components & Tools
- Don’t Re-Invent the Wheel: Use Components or Plugins In Your AppsMayur Tendulkar
Mayur Tendulkar highlights the importance of using components and standing on the shoulders of giants
- Get a first look at Windows 10 for Phones with Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore
Joe talks us through enhacements to Windows Phone 10
- Reporting enhancements for Windows Phone developers
Some welcome additions to the Windows Phone reporting tools
- 10 Tips for Prototyping Your Designs
- Free Vectors: Lynny Icons
Lynny, a set of 450 iOS 7+ Tab Bar icons. Available for the great price of FREE! Use with attribution
- Free Vectors: Lulu Icons
Free Icons. Can be used with attribution
- Some considerations on asynchronous execution – CodeProject
A discussion about what is asynchronous execution, how it relates to threads and a brief analysis of its good and bad points.
- Matt Lacey – Create better ads for your apps
- Why Should Enterprises Use Xamarin for App Development?
More Xamarin Link Blogs
Here are links to the other great Xamarin link blogs out there that are updated regularly
- Xamarin Weekly
A free, once-weekly e-mail newsletter roundup of all things Xamarin. Posted Fridays
- Xamarin App Developer Links
The latest tips, tutorials, news, and resources for Xamarin app developers. Posted Daily
- C# Mobile (Xamarin) Daily
Your cross-platform C# mobile magazine. Posted Daily
- Xamarin Community Blogs
This is an automatic aggregator which pulls articles from bloggers in the Xamarin developer community.